2005-03-12

PDA vs Paper

There is a thread on 43 Folders Google group discussing why people prefer using digital (PDA) vs. paper. My take on this is; use both.
Nothing beats paper and pen when you need to write things down quickly. You can just as easily sketch a diagram or draw a map. The PDA on the other hand is perfect for carrying large amounts of data. You can swiftly sort, search and display databases like an addressbook or a calender, read e-books or listen to podcasts.
Currently I use paper and pen (i.e. my Zipster) for handling my @action lists, and the PDA (Palm T3) for calendar, addressbook, reading webpages offline (using RepliGo) and so on.
See also my earlier blog regarding notebook vs PDA usability.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I really appreciate people like you who take their chance in such an excellent way to give an impression on certain topics. Thanks for having me here.

8:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home